There was news that brought much joy to the people of Balbriggan lighthouse. Their lighthouse had finally got its head together.
The lighthouse itself was initially built in 1761, though later the height was increased. In the 1960s, the dome had been removed from the lighthouse due to corrosion. The lighthouse had not been of functional importance for sometime. The original dome disappeared but was finally discovered again which encouraged the people of the town to create a campaign to find funding for the return of the dome. In September 2018 the dome was returned to its rightful place.